1. Quick tips to know your car shopper
One of the most underused tactics when qualifying a lead is looking at a car shopper’s profile. You can learn a lot by doing a quick scan of that person’s page. OfferUp is great at allowing people to see who they’re doing business with.
Oftentimes, we tend to discredit potential shoppers when they don’t align with our idea of what’s fair or competitive, however, there’s a chance you may be missing out on an opportunity. With that said, below are a few tips and reasons that could give you a competitive advantage.
Things to look at:
Joined Date - Customers who have been using the platform longer are more familiar with transactions on the app and reaching out with a purpose.
Location - Knowledge of the area can allow the opportunity to relate to a shopper.
Followers - Connections are important! A positive experience can help with positive branding for your store.
Purchases/Sales - This is evidence of a business-savvy shopper and/or someone who is active on the platform.
Badges - This further legitimizes the user (TruYou, phone number/email) and shows that the customer went the extra mile to become verified.
Response Time - This shows how active a customer is on the app and how quickly they prefer to transact.
As a business owner, time is incredibly important. Quality leads will result in faster transactions and the potential for more conversions. Our dealer partners can take the extra step to vet and qualify their leads by following this model. It’s a best practice we recommend for a better, much smoother sales process.
2. Vehicle Spotlights: Unique Listings
On OfferUp, Verified Dealers make the most of their advertisements, allowing customers to see a range of listings. With summer looming around the corner, here’s how we picture these unique finds being used in real life:
1. For the ultimate road trip, we’re loving this 2020 RAM ProMaster Cargo Van with an extendable awning for shaded hangouts and ice-cold A/C inside. Grand Canyon, anyone?
2. We’re getting big Dazed and Confuzed vibes from this beautiful 1969 Chevrolet Camaro SS. Grab your friends and cruise around town in this effortlessly rad ride - it’d be a lot cooler if you did.
3, “Alexa, play ‘Life is a Highway’ by Rascall Flatts”. We’re so envious of the future owner of this 2013 Triumph Street Triple R. Nothing like taking on the open road on two wheels with the sun shining and a smile on your face.
4. For the local celebrity, roll into the summer BBQ in this sleek 2018 Bentley Bentayga. Fit the whole crew and pop on the sunglasses - the paparazzi are bound to show up after seeing this vehicle arrive.
5. We see a lot of car shows in the future for the new owner of this gorgeous 1963 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray. From the red racing stripes to the original Daytona Blue exterior, we love the beauty of this American classic.
3. Summer Road Trip Playlist
With summer quickly approaching, everyone is gearing up for a vacation. The next time you sell that road-trip-ready vehicle to a family or need a soundtrack for your own trip, check out this curated list of songs created by the Account Management team at OfferUp Motors:
Follow this playlist for monthly updates and use it as a talking point with your customers this summer!
4. Memorial Day Special - 75% Off
Despite recent inflation, most consumers are still planning to celebrate Memorial Day this year. Shoppers will be turning to recommerce and local platforms to find the best, most cost-effective items for a holiday.
OfferUp Motors wants to help connect you with those local buyers and drive new customers to your business. Join today and get 75% off your first 3 months of advertising. All first-time dealerships are eligible.